Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it...

As I'm sure everyone's already aware, the end of the world is due to happen any minute now. For reasons I still don't understand, I've decided to spend these last few minutes of precious life blogging. As luck would have it, I came down with a fever last night, so I also have to spend my last day of life feeling generally sick and rotten. Being sick has also interfered with some of my other end-of-life goals.

"You can't eat that," Chris objected, snatching a fun-sized Milky Way out of my hands. "You're sick! Chocolate is bad for you when you're sick."

"I'm not that sick," I protested in between bouts of coughing and shivering, reaching for the candy bar that was being held just out of reach.

"Yes you are," he said, placing the coveted candy on the highest shelf in the kitchen. "No chocolate until you're better."

"But Chris!" I exploded. "It's the end of the world! You're interfering with my final chance to eat chocolate in this lifetime!"

"Fine," he replied, "how about this? If there's an earthquake at 4 pm today, you get to eat the chocolate bar."

I was concerned that I'd be too busy running for my life to retrieve the candy from the shelf, so we struck a compromise. In case of an earthquake, the Milky Way is now sitting within arm's reach on the counter. I guess I have something to look forward to if the Rapture starts.

UPDATE: Turns out, we didn't get an earthquake. I ate the Milky Way anyway.

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

HAha you guys are hilarious.