Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Picnic

This semester has been pretty stressful. Taking four classes during spring term was, it seems, a somewhat foolish idea, and the amount of homework I have due every day and the amount of time I spend not sleeping at night is kind of ridiculous. Thankfully, in exactly one month it'll all be over with, and I'll be moving on to my much more peaceful summer term of bookbinding and figure drawing. That's not really what I want to talk about, though. Mostly I want to talk about today, and what an amazing Sunday it was.

For those who don't know, I'm planning on cutting my hair later this week, probably to about chin length. I was originally going to do it last week, but Chris, who is slightly devastated by this turn of events, asked if he could have one more weekend to spend with my hair, so we could take some pictures for him to look back on. Amused, I took pity on the poor soul and agreed. I'm glad I did, too, because we had a lot of fun doing it!



First we went to this great park in west Provo that nobody seems to know about and had a picnic. Then we just went around with our camera and the tripod and had some fun! Because I am considered the camera expert out of the two of us, I was generally the one setting up the lighting for the shots, which meant that I was the one sprinting from the camera to get into place while the camera timer ticked down. It was so much fun, though, and I considered it to be my exercise for the day.

Afterwards, Chris said we needed to go one more place to take pictures, and he ended up taking me to the park where we first met, and where he proposed. Basically, I'm pretty sure I ended up with the sweetest guy ever.



He even says he'll still love me when the hair comes off, which I guess means it must be true love! Seriously, though, check out this hair action:


For the sake of my sanity, it has to come off.

P.S.  Today I discovered Blogger in draft.  Could it be that all my Blogger formatting woes are at an end???

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Fabulous little pictures Egypt roomie! Life looks simply splendid for you and husband!

Olivia Carter said...

Cute pics! Is that the park over by WalMart? If it is I love that park!

Good luck with the haircut! Love big changes like that. I had long dark hair and cut it short & died it platinum blonde once. It's LIBERATING!