Monday, September 28, 2009

Grumpy Toes

My toes are not happy. No, they are not. I got myself some glitter toes kind of a while ago (weeks? months? I can't remember), and was told by the lady who did them that they wouldn't come off. And you know, that's great in theory, but in real life application I feel like there should be a good method to get it off on purpose, and there really isn't. I finally resorted to chipping the glittery stuff off piece by piece, and now my nails look very sad indeed. I looked up pedicure prices online, and even at the beauty schools it'll be about $20, so I guess they'll just have to look sad for a little longer. One of my toes is pretty happy, though. It was hurting all last week and I couldn't figure out why, and then Chris stepped on it while we were dancing last Friday and now it feels better. Go figure.

Enough about my toes. I have kind of a crazy week ahead... or at least, a crazy day. I have all sorts of stuff due on Tuesday, including studying for a test, and I'm supposed to go to work on Monday so it could be a late night. I'm actually really, really hoping that I can get someone to cover for me tomorrow, because it's stressing me out just thinking about it. Today wasn't very productive, either, because I had to finish my egg drawing. Technically it was due last Wednesday, but because Chris accidentally threw away my special art paper last Tuesday night when I was going to start working on it, my teacher said he'd let me turn it in tomorrow. My teacher actually thought it was really funny--he said it was like the dog ate my homework, only it was my husband. I thought that was kind of a funny comparison. I don't know if Chris thought so.

Anyway, here's the drawing. Sorry it didn't photograph well:



Like it? I call it "The Difficulties of Interracial Relationships" (I used white and brown eggs :). See how the front two eggs are in wuv? And their relatives are watching them, disapproving? Ha ha, I had to try to insert something to make this drawing interesting, because drawing eggs is so boring. I can't even begin to say how happy I am to finally be done with drawing eggs. For some reason, almost every drawing teacher feels the need to assign an egg drawing, probably because of the tediosity of it all, but I'm finally done! Oh, and as long as I'm posting artwork, I'm sure you want to see this:



I call it "Beyonce in the Garden", mostly because the guys in my art class thought she looked like Beyonce. She's actually a statue sitting in the memorial garden next to the HFAC, but Beyonce works for me. The idea was to use different types of line in this drawing, and even though I was sure my teacher didn't like it (it didn't look a thing like any of the other drawings that were there), he gave me a 9. That's right, a 9. Out of 10. He's kind of a harsh grader, so I was pretty proud of myself :)

Well, it's really, really late right now, so I think I'm going to drag Chris to bed. I don't have much else to share, anyway. Unless you want to see more of the Egyptian voodoo doll?



I thought so :)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I can relate to the toes problem. I don't think I'll be getting the glitter toes again. They were looking so bad that this last week I just chipped at them with my fingernails and my nail file until it was all off, but it took awhile. They don't look great now, but I tried to buff the nails to smooth them out and I put some other nail polish on. They're not great, but better than they were. Who knew it would be such a pain to get the stuff off???

John & Marjorie said...

Hey Stephanie, your toes story makes me very sad. I have sent you a present to help you take care of it! Hope you're having a good week! Love, Mom